These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights however please read carefully before using the website.
Central Electrical Contracts Limited trading as Central Electrical Appliances was registered within England and our registration number is 6496883. The term ‘Central Electrical Appliances’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Macrome House, Macrome Road, Aldersley, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV6 9HD. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
These terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Please find terms and conditions that apply to all purchases over the phone, in-store or via this website. Please read carefully.
- All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
- If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
- If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you.
- All prices are in British Pounds and are inclusive of VAT at (20%)
- We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
- Every effort is made to ensure prices and descriptions are correct.
- 3.1 Please note that prices change on a daily basis.
- 3.2 When placing an order you are purchasing the item(s) at the price(s) shown at that time.
- 3.3 Should a price change after your purchase we are unable to make any adjustment.
- In the event that an error is discovered with the price of any goods you have ordered.
- 4.1 We will inform you as soon as we can whereupon we will give you the option of amending your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- Payment can be made by most major credit cards. We also accept any debit card or valid PayPal account.
- Full payment for your goods is taken when a new order is created.
- Special orders require a minimum 20% non-refundable deposit to be made before this item is ordered.
- We offer a FREE local delivery service for items over £200* (This only applies to Local Delivery For Brewood, Dudley & Wolverhampton).
- Delivery charge of £19.95 will apply to items delivered outside of the local area. This delivery charge includes:
- 2.1 Removal service (take away any packaging).
- 2.2 Deliver to room of choice at ground level.
- 2.3 Remove old appliance if disconnected*.
- 2.4 Additional cost of £19.95 for Fridge Freezers & £29.95 for American Fridge Freezers*.
- 2.5 Further charges for removal of commercial refrigeration.
- Upon delivery a signature will be required.
- If you order more than one product, we do not guarantee that all Goods will be delivered in one delivery and we may deliver in instalments.
- Stock delivery dates to in-store are estimated at all times and may be delayed without prior notice (e.g. due to sudden stock shortages, manufacturing delays, or delivery vehicle breakdowns), which is why we strongly advise all customers not to book fitters until they have received the relevant goods, as no claims will be accepted. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay in delivering goods.
- Whilst our own drivers are happy to wheel your product into an unobstructed room of your choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred. It is your responsibility to protect any floor coverings to prevent damage while the products are being situated in the property.
- While every effort is made to position items in the requested rooms, due to Health and Safety Laws all items will be delivered to the ground floor level only and cannot be carried up or down any staircases.
- Once the delivery has been accepted at the delivery address you have a duty of care for the goods. In the event that you, or a third party, transport the goods from the delivery address to another location we cannot be held responsible for any damages.
Damaged and Faulty Goods
- Do not install any damaged items. This counts as acceptance of goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Damaged goods must be reported within 48 hours of delivery.
- In the event that goods are received in a damaged state please retain the product together with any packaging and contact us within 48 hours of receipt with photographic evidence.
- Faulty items require a inspection by a manufacturer’s qualified engineer to establish the reason for the fault and allow for its rectification. This may be need before a replacement can be arranged.
Unwanted Goods Purchased Online and Over Telephone
- Do not install or use any unwanted items. This counts as acceptance of goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
- You must notify us of your wish to cancel within 14 days of receipt.
- You have the choice of returning the goods via your own means, or requesting that we collect them.
- 3.1 If you request collection, we will collect the goods on the next available date that one of our delivery vehicles is in your area.
- 3.2 We will charge £40* to collect the unwanted item(s) (price subject to change depending on location).
- You have a duty of care while the goods are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period.
- Full refunds will be provided for items which are returned to us in their original condition. This means:
- 5.1 The returned goods must be unused and ‘as new’ with their original box and packaging including all manuals (please do not mark or handwrite on manuals), accessories and remote control (if supplied).
- We reserve the right to apply re-stocking charge for non-stock special order items returned under the following circumstances.
- Refunds carry a 14 day money back guarantee for unwanted items.
- Refunds carry a 28 day money back guarantee for faulty/damaged items.
- The item cannot have been installed or modified in any way.
- A refund will be subject to the item being returned in its original condition.
- We do not accept returns and will not provide refunds under the following circumstances:
- 5.1 The goods you wish to return are in any condition other than ‘as new’.
- 5.2 The goods have been installed and/or used.
- 5.3 Cables have been cut or terminated.
- 5.4 In the case of washing machines, we cannot accept the return of a washing machine within the 14 day cooling off period, if the transit bolts have been removed.
- Once an order has been placed, you will be contacted by phone to confirm a delivery date, at this point we will offer our installation services.
- We also offer a chargeable removal service at the point of delivery this can be arranged when the delivery slot is arranged.
- 1.1 Old appliance removal £19.95.
- 1.2 Fridge Freezers removal £19.95.
- 1.3 American Fridge Freezers removal £29.95.
Manufacturer’s Guarantees and Extended Warranties
- All items offer a 12 month manufactures guarantee unless otherwise stated.
- Has been used solely for domestic purposes and is on domestic premises; i.e. not for commercial or trade use.
- Has been used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
- Has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer’s service engineers.
- Please note: Any free warranty offers from certain manufacturers must be registered by the purchaser. We do not take responsibility for unregistered free warranty claims.